The LLT Channel
A Place for Lawyers to Discuss Legal Topics
How We Got Here
Where We Are Now
In today’s digital world, people are meeting in-person less and less, and more and more in online forums. People have less time to travel to physical locations and are spending more time getting things accomplished online. From groceries to clothing, from dating to therapy sessions, from academic tutoring to sports lessons, people are getting goods and services online without leaving the comfort of their homes and offices. Not only do people spend more and more time doing things online that they used to do “in real life,” the typical person is becoming more and more comfortable with digital commerce and communication. Many people even prefer to send a text message or email rather than getting on the phone to have a conversation in real time.
These things and more have led us to see the need for legal professionals to have a digital forum to exchange information, and to have discourse and debate, without the time constraints of more traditional professional organizations’ events and conferences.
It does not matter whether or not you want to actively participate in our online forums and informational “events,” or just want to read through what your peers and colleagues have to say about topics that are of interest to you- you can do either of these, or find a happy medium for yourself someplace in between. Even though we do not know you personally, because of your profession, we know how valuable your time is and want to provide you with a place to get the information and connections you want without it taking time you cannot afford to give.
Request a Consultation
- When a High-Profile Trial Gets Into the Limelight (1/29/2020) – Not every criminal case becomes a topic of conversation within the public. But every so often, a celebrity, public icon or politician gets accused of a crime. These types of cases can quickly become public knowledge and spread like rapid fire across media platforms. Even average people may end up in the limelight if they […]
- Should You Call the Police After a Bike Accident? (6/6/2019) – There are few types of accidents that are more serious than one involving a bike rider and car. Due to the differences in size, speed, and mass of these vehicles, very serious injury is common. As a result, what you do after being in such an accident is important. You may have heard that the […]
- Learn Whether Workers’ Compensation Covers Lost Wages (6/5/2019) – It can be reassuring to know that if you ever are injured while working, workers’ compensation will cover the related expenses. However, many workers never think about how workers’ comp functions. It is important to know what is covered and what is not covered, so if you ever need to take advantage of it, you […]
- Custodial Parent Legal and Parental Responsibilities (6/4/2019) – What is an in house lawyer? Deciding on custody of a child in a divorce case is hard and one of the biggest issues is determining visitation rights of the non-custodial parent. Both parents need to be well-versed in the child custody laws in your state. Seeking the assistance of a family attorney with experience […]
- 4 Common Questions About Wrongful Death (4/17/2019) – Wrongful Death Lawyer The loss of a loved one is always difficult, but it can be even more so when that person is taken because of the negligence or wrongdoing of another. Under these circumstances, the victim’s family or estate may have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Originally created for widows and […]
- Special Regulations for Truck Drivers (4/17/2019) – Truck Accident Lawyer On your daily commute to work, you may see what seems like a never-ending stream of eighteen wheeler trucks. Scary due to their sheer size, you may be wary of driving near these vehicles and wonder if there are more specific laws that apply to truckers to protect you and other drivers […]
- Is the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Company Allowed To Follow Me, Take Photos, and Talk To My Neighbors? (4/17/2019) – Workers Compensation Lawyer When you get hurt on the job, you have the right to file a workers’ compensation claim. Depending on the severity of your injury, you could be out of work for a substantial amount of time. All the while your employer and the insurance company who is handling your claim may have […]
- What does a law firm do? (4/16/2019) – 5 Areas of Specialty for Lawyers What does a law firm do? The answer depends on the type of law firm. There are millions of practices in the United States. The tasks that attorneys complete depends on the specialty of their firm. Gain a better understanding of lawyers and their work by learning about criminal […]
- What are the different positions in a law firm? (4/16/2019) – An Overview of Law Careers Whether you’re just curious or want to the best service for your legal needs, understanding how law firms are structured can be very useful. What are the different positions in a law firm? Common roles are paralegal, Of Counsel, Associate, Partner and Managing Partner. Paralegal Paralegal’s don’t have a law […]
- What is an in house paralegal? (4/16/2019) – How an In-House Paralegal Can Help a Company Thrive In the modern legal landscape, more and more companies are turning to in-house legal teams to handle their needs, instead of hiring outside firms on a situation-to-situation basis. While this originally consisted of keeping in-house attorneys on staff, it is now common as well to have […]