The LLT Channel
A Place for Lawyers to Discuss Legal Topics
How We Got Here
Where We Are Now
In today’s digital world, people are meeting in-person less and less, and more and more in online forums. People have less time to travel to physical locations and are spending more time getting things accomplished online. From groceries to clothing, from dating to therapy sessions, from academic tutoring to sports lessons, people are getting goods and services online without leaving the comfort of their homes and offices. Not only do people spend more and more time doing things online that they used to do “in real life,” the typical person is becoming more and more comfortable with digital commerce and communication. Many people even prefer to send a text message or email rather than getting on the phone to have a conversation in real time.
These things and more have led us to see the need for legal professionals to have a digital forum to exchange information, and to have discourse and debate, without the time constraints of more traditional professional organizations’ events and conferences.
It does not matter whether or not you want to actively participate in our online forums and informational “events,” or just want to read through what your peers and colleagues have to say about topics that are of interest to you- you can do either of these, or find a happy medium for yourself someplace in between. Even though we do not know you personally, because of your profession, we know how valuable your time is and want to provide you with a place to get the information and connections you want without it taking time you cannot afford to give.
Request a Consultation
- What Can You Do After Injuring Your Spine on Slippery Steps? (9/5/2020) – A fall down a flight of stairs or a set of steps can be catastrophic. When you land on your back, you run the risk of serious spinal injuries. If this happened to you, then you may be owed compensation for your spinal cord injuries. The Seriousness Behind Slippery Steps Slips and falls can have […]
- Myths About Eminent Domain (9/4/2020) – When property owners hear about eminent domain, their first reaction is often fear and worry. The idea that the government can take private property for their use is something that homeowners understandably have concerns over. While it is possible that the government can try to abuse its power, eminent domain may not be as scary […]
- ¿Qué Sucede Si No Tengo Seguro De Auto? (9/4/2020) – Conducir un automóvil sin estar asegurado es ilegal en casi todos los estados de Estados Unidos. La ley establece que los vehículos deberán estar asegurados o al menos los conductores deben de contar con seguro mínimo que contemple los estatutos de responsabilidad civil básicos. Si usted se encuentra conduciendo un automóvil sin seguro, podría enfrentarse […]
- What Happens to a Personal Injury Case If the Plaintiff Dies Before Resolution? (9/2/2020) – It’s unfortunate, but sometimes a plaintiff dies before his or her personal injury case is resolved. His or her family members may wonder what is going to happen next. Can they still receive compensation from the case? It largely depends on the cause of the death. The following information goes more into depth about it. […]
- Can You Receive Compensation if You Were Partially At-Fault For Your Injuries? (8/28/2020) – You’ve been in an accident. If you weren’t at fault, then the other driver’s insurance should pay your damages. When you are determined to be partially at fault for the accident, it gets a little murky as to who is responsible and what you’ll get paid by the other driver’s insurance. It depends on many […]
- When a High-Profile Trial Gets Into the Limelight (1/29/2020) – Not every criminal case becomes a topic of conversation within the public. But every so often, a celebrity, public icon or politician gets accused of a crime. These types of cases can quickly become public knowledge and spread like rapid fire across media platforms. Even average people may end up in the limelight if they […]
- Should You Call the Police After a Bike Accident? (6/6/2019) – There are few types of accidents that are more serious than one involving a bike rider and car. Due to the differences in size, speed, and mass of these vehicles, very serious injury is common. As a result, what you do after being in such an accident is important. You may have heard that the […]
- Learn Whether Workers’ Compensation Covers Lost Wages (6/5/2019) – It can be reassuring to know that if you ever are injured while working, workers’ compensation will cover the related expenses. However, many workers never think about how workers’ comp functions. It is important to know what is covered and what is not covered, so if you ever need to take advantage of it, you […]
- Custodial Parent Legal and Parental Responsibilities (6/4/2019) – What is an in house lawyer? Deciding on custody of a child in a divorce case is hard and one of the biggest issues is determining visitation rights of the non-custodial parent. Both parents need to be well-versed in the child custody laws in your state. Seeking the assistance of a family attorney with experience […]
- 4 Common Questions About Wrongful Death (4/17/2019) – Wrongful Death Lawyer The loss of a loved one is always difficult, but it can be even more so when that person is taken because of the negligence or wrongdoing of another. Under these circumstances, the victim’s family or estate may have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Originally created for widows and […]